You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shortcut to Nik Collections plugins. How?

You can try to assign keyboard shortcuts under the APh keyboard settings.

keyb_shortcuts.jpg.fec4f29d26c17975fc7ee9d0023df8e8.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Retry several times until they appear, also expand the Plugin menus of those which might force a showup then with chance. - These somehow hide sometimes and then again show up after (re)switching shortcut settings and the like. So it needs patience until you get them caught.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

3 minutes ago, marciomendonsa said:

after several attempts ... nothing....

Same here. Regardless, if they show up sometimes but not others, this has to be considered a bug, right?

One other thought: due to the differences in sandboxing restrictions, it might depend on if Affinity Photo for Mac came from the Affinity Store or the Mac App Store. @v_kyr, which store did your copy come from?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi @marciomendonsa I've not been able to get this to work on the Windows release or beta,  so it does appear to be an issue with Windows.

I was able to get it to work in the Mac latest beta and also the version from the Mac App Store, once i'd opened up the Plugin section on Filters as @v_kyr suggested.  I'll need to get this logged either way, as it's different behaviour on Windows to Mac, which i suspect is down to sandboxing but i'll know more once the Dev team have had a look.

3 hours ago, stokerg said:

I was able to get it to work in the Mac latest beta and also the version from the Mac App Store, once i'd opened up the Plugin section on Filters as @v_kyr suggested.

I finally got it to work on the MAS version, but every filter is listed as part of the first plugin group, in my case Flaming Pear, which includes just 2 filters:
1157717449_KBDprefs.jpg.fa3c30ff21843983637668e5299e8b70.jpg

More to the point, while I can assign a keyboard shortcut to a NIK plugin (like Alt-CMD-B above), it does not work in the app, producing just a system beep. And yes, Silver Efex Pro 2 works fine when selected from the Filters > Plugins > Nik Collection menu.

FWIW, the 2 Flaming Pear filters are from their 'Freebies' plugins. They are the only 2 filters of that plugin I can get to work with Affinity Photo, & only if the target layer has a 'marching ants' pixel selection. They are installed in the Affinity Photo default plugins folder (at ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/Plugins). The NIK filters are installed at path /Applications/Nik Collection/Google.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I think the whole plugin stuff here has a sort of dynamic behavior, which then access wise sometimes gets lost and thus don't work in an always consistense manner.

38 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

I think the whole plugin stuff here has a sort of dynamic behavior, which then access wise sometimes gets lost and thus don't work in an always consistense manner.

For me, the inconsistent manner is that these shortcuts do not work, even when I can get them to appear in the preference panel. :(

Affinity Photo 

I was going to ask why you need to shave off half a second of your workflow to call the plugin with a keyboard shortcut. However I have recently developed a wrist problem which means I try to avoid the mouse if possible. So it would be worthwhile for me if you found a solution.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

20 hours ago, R C-R said:

More to the point, while I can assign a keyboard shortcut to a NIK plugin (like Alt-CMD-B above), it does not work in the app, producing just a system beep. And yes, Silver Efex Pro 2 works fine when selected from the Filters > Plugins > Nik Collection menu.

In my case even it recognizes the setup keyboard shortcut, on access it then opens the completely wrong tool. Instead of Silver Efex Pro, where the shortcut was assigned to, it opens just the first under the menus listed tool Analog Efex then, where no individual shortcut is assigned to at all.

• 1 year later...

New to Affinity and trying to make it mine!
Is anything being done about this?   I am having the same issue - none of the plugins are listed in the keyboard shortcut preferences to be assigned.

...and it is December 2020!

Thom

Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 currently on a Windows 10pro machine.