thetasig

Index Repeats twice in linked text frames

I have last 2 pages with 6 text frames (3 each) - tall and narrow-ish. I see the full index in frame #1 on the left. It is so long that i cannot see the end. So, one by one, I link the index to each frame going left to right (only clicking the red arrows on the frames to the next frame in sequence). In the 5th frame - in the middle, the index starts all over again (starts with the first letter of alphabet). So, the index repeats itself just twice. Then it ends in the ninth frame and does not repeat again.

I have tried deleting all of the text frames and updating the index, linking them again and again, and the result is consistent - always a doubling of the index list.

Is this a bug - or is there some simple explanation of how to prevent the index from duplicating the A-Z words twice?

This appears to have been a one-time glitch (previous version).  in 1.7.0.305, I cannot reproduce the problem and haven't seen it since the first occurrence. I think it was probably user error.

Just now, thetasig said:

I think it was probably user error.

That will teach you not to let others use your computer. They will probably have hidden your keys as well.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.3.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.3.180 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.3.651

I know that I fellow, real menace here as well.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.3.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.3.180 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.3.651