You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Index Repeats twice in linked text frames

I have last 2 pages with 6 text frames (3 each) - tall and narrow-ish. I see the full index in frame #1 on the left. It is so long that i cannot see the end. So, one by one, I link the index to each frame going left to right (only clicking the red arrows on the frames to the next frame in sequence). In the 5th frame - in the middle, the index starts all over again (starts with the first letter of alphabet). So, the index repeats itself just twice. Then it ends in the ninth frame and does not repeat again.

I have tried deleting all of the text frames and updating the index, linking them again and again, and the result is consistent - always a doubling of the index list.

Is this a bug - or is there some simple explanation of how to prevent the index from duplicating the A-Z words twice?

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, thetasig said:

I think it was probably user error.

That will teach you not to let others use your computer. They will probably have hidden your keys as well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I know that I fellow, real menace here as well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.