You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Symbol font in converted PDF available but Symbols not showing

This may be a bug, or it might be something odd about the particular document I'm trying to open. I have a PDF file, and when I open it all the symbols show as two squares.

no-symbols.thumb.png.42ba937bcf655c53f0cb5557d978730a.png

But with a different document, which contains the same symbols (it is actually a symbol font), they show up fine.

symbols-show.thumb.png.f051474a0646f56dd34d30a84ee9b694.png

I can't see why one displays and the other doesn't? If I copy the two squares into the 'Find' box, it displays the fish symbol, not the squares. However, the find doesn't work (I was hoping I could do a find and replace on the broken symbols). If I copy the fish symbol from the working document to the broken one, it displays as a fish, not the boxes. If I copy the boxes from the broken document to the working one, it displays as boxes, not a fish.

This is with version 1.7.0.293 and I had the same problem with the previous version I was using.

• 2 weeks later...

Please find attached page.afpub - this was created in an earlier version of publisher beta that imported the PDF okay, you can see all the icons show up okay. The second attachment is the PDF I am trying to import where the icons don't show up. There's a new version of Publisher since my original post, but I am still seeing the same issue.

Although the PDF I've attached is a different version to the one that imported okay in the old Publisher, I've also tried importing the old PDF in the current version and get the same result with the icons not displaying. So it seems to be Publisher specific rather than down to the PDF.

page.afpub

circuit-plan-2019-06-08.pdf

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.