doar

Designer Pocket Watch Illustration

OK, so you’ve shown us the reference photograph. Now show us your drawing! tongue.gif

Joking aside, that’s a beautiful piece of work.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I am so glad that highly skilled people such as you do not work in my line of expertise. As there would be too much competition. My only criticism is that that watch deserves a name on its face and the only name that should go there is Doar.

PS If you do ever start working in my line of work, don't ever post your work here again!!!

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Thanks for the kind words... and thanks for the suggestion Carl, I think you are right it needed a name on the face.

It is a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing it.

Mike 

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

1 hour ago, doar said:

As my way of giving back to the design community, here is the Affinity Designer file of the pocket watch illustration. Enjoy!

pocket-watch-v1b.zip

Very generous. Thank you. 

Mike 

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Very interesting and skilled work.

However while examining the layers of your download my computer froze. necessitating a restart.

I am running the recent 1.7.0.305 version

Hi, doar,

Exquisitely simple. Everything just right. Hat is off to you, and thanks for the example.

I opened it w/o problem in the 1.6 consumer version, and the 1.7.0.10 beta w/o problems.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

10 hours ago, TerryWoodenpi said:

Very interesting and skilled work.

However while examining the layers of your download my computer froze. necessitating a restart.

I am running the recent 1.7.0.305 version

Isn't that the Affinity Publisher release number? Doe it import designer files?

I did note in my "tinkering" that Ability Designer and Ability Photo files will open in either.

15 minutes ago, Smee Again said:

Isn't that the Affinity Publisher release number? Doe it import designer files?

I did note in my "tinkering" that Ability Designer and Ability Photo files will open in either.

That’s the whole idea of the Affinity suite. The apps share a single file format for any given point release, so AD and APh 1.6 can open each other’s files and AD, APh and APub 1.7 beta can open any files from version 1.7 or earlier. The filename extension merely serves to indicate which particular app was used to create the file.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks for the info Alfred. Have all three, but haven't got around to using publisher very much yet. Still getting by with PagePlus 

Time is pretty tight right now. so I haven't delved into it, but in a couple weeks my schedule will clear up a bit and I'll be digging into it.