You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Pocket Watch Illustration

doar

OK, so you’ve shown us the reference photograph. Now show us your drawing! tongue.gif

Joking aside, that’s a beautiful piece of work.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I am so glad that highly skilled people such as you do not work in my line of expertise. As there would be too much competition. My only criticism is that that watch deserves a name on its face and the only name that should go there is Doar.

PS If you do ever start working in my line of work, don't ever post your work here again!!!

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, doar,

Exquisitely simple. Everything just right. Hat is off to you, and thanks for the example.

I opened it w/o problem in the 1.6 consumer version, and the 1.7.0.10 beta w/o problems.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

10 hours ago, TerryWoodenpi said:

Very interesting and skilled work.

However while examining the layers of your download my computer froze. necessitating a restart.

I am running the recent 1.7.0.305 version

Isn't that the Affinity Publisher release number? Doe it import designer files?

I did note in my "tinkering" that Ability Designer and Ability Photo files will open in either.

15 minutes ago, Smee Again said:

Isn't that the Affinity Publisher release number? Doe it import designer files?

I did note in my "tinkering" that Ability Designer and Ability Photo files will open in either.

That’s the whole idea of the Affinity suite. The apps share a single file format for any given point release, so AD and APh 1.6 can open each other’s files and AD, APh and APub 1.7 beta can open any files from version 1.7 or earlier. The filename extension merely serves to indicate which particular app was used to create the file.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for the info Alfred. Have all three, but haven't got around to using publisher very much yet. Still getting by with PagePlus 

Time is pretty tight right now. so I haven't delved into it, but in a couple weeks my schedule will clear up a bit and I'll be digging into it.