You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was using the iMac enlarging and exporting my work to desktop. it worked fantastic for weeks and suddenly it no longer works.

go through the same process and now nothing on the desktop. i enjoy exploring the Affinity Photo application. have been using it for over a month now.

this is the second time asking for help. i am not very techno-savvy. but it is a puzzle that my jpg worked well and then nothing. 16"X20" portraits, 24X36 artwork and others.

thank everyone who comments, in advance. thank you so much. your service is greatly appreciated. i would like too one day return the favor. where to start? 

my images are too large to transfer. they are for printing.

thank you for your time & consideration.  

ali black 

@alison black

I am NOT a Mac user so any advice I can offer may well be completely inappropriate for your situation, but I suspect you will need to provide at least two additional pieces of information:

• Details of the exact Export settings you are using, a screenshot would be very useful, especially the "More" options
  • One of your original image files, i.e. the file before you attempt to resize or export it. 

All the above will allow other users to test your workflow on their computers and, most likely, suggest where things are now "going wrong" for you and how to correct them.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

11 hours ago, alison black said:

I was using the iMac enlarging and exporting my work to desktop. it worked fantastic for weeks and suddenly it no longer works.

I don't know if it is related but recently I have several times seen items saved to the desktop on my iMac either not appear there at all or take several minutes to do so. This is not limited to exports from Affinity apps; once it starts happening it occurs for anything saved to the desktop folder.

I am not sure if something related to using the Affinity apps is what causes this -- I use all three of the betas as well as the two retail apps, so I can't completely rule out something in one of the beta as the culprit, although that does not seem likely. It seems at least as likely that installing something from Apple that required a restart (like a security update) may have gone wrong because of some underlying problem in my iMac, but that is just a guess.

Anyway, whatever the cause for me the simplest fix has always been the same: quit & restart Finder. You might try that & see if it makes any difference.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

thank you so much R C-R. problem solved. a simple reboot and all the images reappeared. don't know how this works but it does. 

you are right about anything i wanted to copy for later printing would not appear on the desktop. it really is a pain when you must restart everything from scratch. but it worked. now all images are visible. 

thank you so much. 

ali black

6 minutes ago, alison black said:

it really is a pain when you must restart everything from scratch. but it worked.

What I was suggesting is just quitting & restarting Finder. It takes much less time to do that than rebooting the system -- in fact, I do not even have to log out of my user account or quit & restart any other app.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi, sorry if I'm a bit off topic here, but I have the same problem with Windows version of Affinity.

Whenever I try to export a file it says an error occured and when I try to merge layers and copy to a new file, the program crashes.

Do you have any idea what could help here?

Thank you very much

Jakob