You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity keeps crashing when trying to merge multiple layers and/or exporting the image (large files)

Hi,

I recently have the problem that affinity photo eeps crashing when i want to merge multiple layers or trying to export a file. The files I have are around 1-1,5 gb and have around 10-15 layers which are mostly edited (effects, different merging types, etc.).

Can anyone help me, has anyone encountered this before? This is frustrating as I can't export any work!

Thank you very much in advance,

Jakob

P.S. Windows 10 / intel i7-4800 2,7ghz; 16gb ram; nvidia graphics quadro k1100 m

• Staff

Hi jrzkt

Would you be able to upload a .afphoto file that is failing to export or merge and i'll take a look at what the issue could be, i've setup a Dropbox link here

Where are you exporting the file to?  If a Cloud/network drive, try exporting it to your Desktop and see if it completes. 

Hi, 

Been trying to replicate your file sizes of if I am reading it correctly are 1-15Gb and cannot get anywhere near this - so firstly how do you know what size the file is if it keeps crashing as it works out at an average of around a 100Mb per layer.  What file format are you exporting too? 

As a workaround have try saving either as Save or save as which will create an .afphoto file.  Then close down affinity photo.  Then restart affinity photo and open up the .afphoto file you created and see if you can export that one to what ever format  you are exporting in.

I use Windows 10 12gb ram Itel Zenon W3565 Quad processors