You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Indexing Numbered Words Bug

I think this is a bug, at least unexpected. I have these words (and others) in a document:

23rd Regiment

19th Mercantile

The index lists 23rd Regiment under the alphabetical letter "R" taken from the "rd" ordinal ending. I would expect it to be listed alphabetically under the characters "23".

The index lists 19th Mercantile under the alphabetical letter "T" taken from the "th" ordinal ending. I would expect it to be listed alphabetically under the characters "19".

The indexed words are, however, sorted before the alphabetical letter "A" - so it's sorting by the two numbers "19" and "23" but listing them under the ordinal's first letter instead of the numbers.

copied from index:

T

19th Mercantile  225

R

23rd Regiment  225

A

Air  225

B

Bird  225

I would say a bug. They are ordered by the numbers but if there is a word in the selection that is the letter listed.

969542295_ScreenShot2019-04-21at2_02_17PM.png.afdbdf74677988c5351ab5456261b0e4.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

The issue is also found in standard text frames, not just in the indexing data. The other part of this is that in text/index frames, you can end up with split numbers across two lines (both types of frames), a leading, dangling comma or space starting a wrapped line (in indexes).  See this issue for details/examples please: Text and Index Frames split numbers.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.