You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Create text inside a circle (text in the path)

Affinity Photo - Create text inside a circle (text in the path)

Dear,

I bought Affinity Photo a week after some videos on the internet and a test I performed. I was impressed with the product and its high compatibility with Photoshop. I then decided to buy the product. I'm finding some problems adapting, but I'm sort of resolving this.
However there is one thing that is worrying me, because I can not make a text around a circle and this is killing me. I see lots of videos pointing this out in Affinity Designer. But, Photoshop does this, because Affinity Photo does not?

Affinity Designer has the function to create Text on a Path, but Affinity Photo does not.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

13 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Affinity Designer has the function to create Text on a Path, but Affinity Photo does not.

I found it VERY lousy.
I just wanted Affinity Photo to do this sort of thing. Wow! I did not want to replace Photoshop then. At Photopshop doing this is easy. The application proposes to be a great substitute and in this I have liked a lot, but when I discover these things and see the need to do things that is not by the application itself, it gets a bit difficult.

Thanks for the info.

Well you can also try out the Affinity Publisher beta version which supports text on path like Designer too here. - Or if you want to be independent and don't fear to use a text editor and learn a little bit of SVG commands, you can make such things in SVG and then import the SVG file into your APh. - See for example ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Well just for that (text on a path or circled text) I wouldn't buy another app, as said you can use SVG and you have the freedom to do that as you want it to look. And if you prefer instead interactive creation of such things, just try out Inkscape or Libre Office Draw which do support this too and can export as SVG/PDF etc. out of that for exchange/reusage with Affinity Photo.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

1 minute ago, v_kyr said:

Well just for that (text on a path or circled text) I wouldn't buy another app, as said you can use SVG and you have the freedom to do that as you want it to look. And if you prefer instead interactive creation of such things, just try out Inkscape or Libre Office Draw which do support this too and can export as SVG/PDF etc. out of that for exchange/reusage with Affinity Photo.

Thank you friend.
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed as it will make me buy another app when we could have this in one place.

Well you can try to ask for this feature implementation into APh here (Suggestions for Affinity Photo on Desktop), but I doubt they will take that text on path feature over, since they use it as a selling point and as a delimitation for AD. Similar as for some other things APh can do but AD can't and vice versa.

5 hours ago, Artur de Souza Aragão said:

I'm trying to copy, but it's not coming to my project.

How are you trying to copy? When you open the file in Affinity Photo you should be able to select and copy any of the text objects that it contains, and when you switch to your project you should be able to paste whatever you have copied.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Why not look for Open source/Freeware software focused on CD Label creation like Nero CoverDesigner assuming you use Windows.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

6 hours ago, Alfred said:

How are you trying to copy? When you open the file in Affinity Photo you should be able to select and copy any of the text objects that it contains, and when you switch to your project you should be able to paste whatever you have copied.

I can only copy the text, not the format. And to copy format, everything merged.

1 minute ago, Artur de Souza Aragão said:

I can only copy the text, not the format. And to copy format, everything merged.

It sounds as though you are selecting the text with the Artistic Text Tool. You need to select the text object with the Move Tool so that the text and the format are both copied at the same time.

Alfred spacer.png

4 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Why not look for Open source/Freeware software focused on CD Label creation like Nero CoverDesigner assuming you use Windows.

Dear,

They do not understand. I need to make the image logo. And I need to make this text "PODOLOGY" and below, in the same way, the name of my wife.

Also, I wanted to see a way to re-create the image in the middle of the vector logo. Forgive me if I'm giving you any work. I am not avid user, but with the purchase of Affinity Photo, I would like to learn more and more. I always do something in Photoshop. At least I even knew this fantastic software. I currently do not have the resources for Afinity Designer. I'll get it, but not at the moment. I created a debt here to be able to acquire Affinity Photo just to make this logo for my wife.

Thank you for your generosity, attention and understanding.

matriz-de-bordado-podologia-003-bordado-

6 minutes ago, dutchshader said:

made a quick example, hope you can work it out from here.

wifesname.afphoto

wifesname.png.f2d663404ff56ed98221d331bb570719.png

Wow!

I am truly grateful for the enormous kindness shown here in my case.
No words at all. Thank you! I want God to give you everything you have as a dream and what is in your heart.

Much obliged!
I wanted to learn better. I hope I can buy Affinity Designer later.

1 hour ago, Artur de Souza Aragão said:

It is perfect!

I came back here to say thank you once more. Thank you!

I'm glad i could help

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

2 hours ago, dutchshader said:

I'm glad i could help

And so am I.

Alfred spacer.png