You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ok, I know I am being picky about this, but it seems to me to make more sense that the tab order of the Transform Panel would be X, Y, W, H.  Currently, if you type in the Width, then tab, you are at the Y position.  Possibly this bothers me due to OLD HABITS, but it seems that one tab from Width should be Height.  Also, one tab from X should be Y,  not the Width.

• 4 weeks later...

Where is the transform panel? - I cant find it anywhere, It doesn't even appear when selecting an object which I want to move.

I am trying to duplicate an object by typing in the amount I want it to move - only the power duplicate is readily available, but I want to move and duplicate by an exact measurement (not by initially dragging).

Also I would like to be able to move objects to another position by typing in the distance. If There is a move panel please explain how to find it.

• Staff

Hi davemike,

The Transform panel is located by default on the bottom right of the interface (see attached image).

If you are not able to see it go to menu View ▹ Studio  and check Transform. If it still doesn't appear go to menu View ▹ Studio ▹ Reset Studio. Let me know if you still have trouble enabling it.

post-59-0-08446400-1432312515_thumb.png

Thanks very much,

I found it, I must have inadvertently closed the panel previously.

I was hoping that I could move an object by a certain amount, without having to calculate its position according to its page coordinate -

Just simply type the amount of millimeters I want it to move - as in illustrator and indesign.

Could this be added in the future?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey @MEB, 

Could it be that the transform panel does not work for helpers? I drag i.e. for layouting a helper from the ruler, and want the next to be 100px to  on the x axis next to it. 

Other than the move indicator while dragging, it would be nice to work precise. 

Thanks for the answer already ;)

On 4/27/2015 at 6:06 PM, Busenitz said:

Ok, I know I am being picky about this, but it seems to me to make more sense that the tab order of the Transform Panel would be X, Y, W, H.  Currently, if you type in the Width, then tab, you are at the Y position.  Possibly this bothers me due to OLD HABITS, but it seems that one tab from Width should be Height.  Also, one tab from X should be Y,  not the Width.

I totally agree and have made this request previously.

Could it be that the transform panel does not work for helpers?

Hi Kasimir, you can use the Guides Manager (View > Guides Manager) to place your guide lines perfectly. It even allows you to use variables (or expressions for field inputs, as they are properly called). :)

https://affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/index.html?page=/Workspace/expressions.html?title=Expressions for field input

8 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

It even allows you to use variables (or expressions for field inputs, as they are properly called).

Well, not really! They are properly called "variables", but you use them in expressions in the input fields. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 years later...

You're absolutely right, Busenitz, 

the order of the input fields becomes more and more crude from version to version of Affinity Designer. Which developer just thinks of something like that?
Already, that I can't go back from an input field back to the previous one with Shift-Tab, is a user interface-mistake. We have to reach for the mouse therefore. That's absolutely annoying. And now to mix the order of 2 different contents (positon x/y   size w/l), proves complete lack of imagination of the developers.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.