You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tablet mode: modifier key buttons, big icons

I've been drawing with my Surface Book and my Surface Pen today and had a great time - except the modifier keys where not available. Then the idea came up, if it would be possible to get on-screen modifier buttons for Alt, Shift and Control. For a full featured experience, a "tablet mode" with a resized toolbar would be great, too.

• 1 year later...

Agree - need some touchable items that are usable when in tablet mode shift alt ctl and perhaps ctl-z/undo as a hot button. On my HP Envy in tablet mode, I can display an on screen touch keyboard but that is modal - holding that shift key keeps focus on the keyboard so disables drawing with the pen .

Win 11 PCs 64bit  Envy and Envy tablet + Filter Forge  Retired computer systems tester doing graphics for charities and politics etc.