Jump to content
srg

Not good color rendering in PSD

Recommended Posts

here are the original .PHOTO and the PSD. 

Two further questions:

which are the best configurations to save in PSD

Do you still have in program to give a TIFF option that is like in V 1.6? I hope because non of the TIFF on v 1.7 can be opened in EPSON print layout which I use regularly...

 

 

Screen Shot .photo 8.03.43 PM.png

Screen Shot PSD 8.03.54 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have not  been clear. The first is the original  .photo the second saved in .psd and opened by AP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is another example, not sure the previous versions of AP had the same problem

.1855165869_ScreenShot2019-04-23at9_48_59AM.thumb.png.13475c86129f6c8cf97b8b5a8ac1d154.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 9.49.52 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got no responses thus do  I have to assume that this behavior is normal?

With Tiff not working for me and PSD like this I think I am going to have some problems....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i did was: after working a photo in AF i saved it  in both .aphoto and .PSD. 

When i opend with AF the PSD file the colors were diffenent from the original .aphoto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi srg,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. Can you please upload the original .afphoto file for us to check this out please? Here's a link to do so. Thank you.

Hi MEB,

I uploaded the first set of the two files. Hope this will help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 1:52 PM, srg said:

this is another example, not sure the previous versions of AP had the same problem

Indeed, they had / have. This is an example made with Affinity Photo 1.5.2 ... The .psd-file opend in Affinity Photo 1.5.2

1610149634_Bildschirmfoto2019-05-11um12_56_40.jpg.f8930726c74fc32502777bd18d5a7b05.jpg

 

PS: Have you ever tried to open the .psd file in Photoshop? I can't because I don't have Photoshop.

Regards, Puck

 


(iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS 10.14.X)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Puck said:

Indeed, they had / have. This is an example made with Affinity Photo 1.5.2 ... The .psd-file opend in Affinity Photo 1.5.2

1610149634_Bildschirmfoto2019-05-11um12_56_40.jpg.f8930726c74fc32502777bd18d5a7b05.jpg

 

PS: Have you ever tried to open the .psd file in Photoshop? I can't because I don't have Photoshop.

Regards, Puck

 

I do not have photoshop but they open well in other applications I have. Furthermore the thumbnails seem to be correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, srg said:

Furthermore the thumbnails seem to be correct.

Yes, I can confirm that.


(iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS 10.14.X)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi srg,
Thank you for the file. Again, sorry for the delay getting back to you - I'm going through a few issues and haven't been around regularly these last few weeks.
Regarding your file, I've identified the cause(s) of the differences between the original and exported PSD and I'm logging them to be looked at. It's possible there's more issues when exporting to PSD - if you happen to have more files that don't look correctly after export to PSD please let us know so we can fix them. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi srg,
Thank you for the file. Again, sorry for the delay getting back to you - I'm going through a few issues and haven't been around regularly these last few weeks.
Regarding your file, I've identified the cause(s) of the differences between the original and exported PSD and I'm logging them to be looked at. It's possible there's more issues when exporting to PSD - if you happen to have more files that don't look correctly after export to PSD please let us know so we can fix them. Thank you.

Thank you, no problem just happy to be helpful. As far as files go I have quite a few but it does not matter hopefully the next version of AP will have fixed the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×