Hi all :)

I quite happy with how I go about setting the pivot point on a shape in Affinity Designer. However, when I export the design to SVG, I want the pivot points to be saved as part of the shape as well. My aim is to rotate items using Javascript in the browser and I need that point, to pivot around (imagine a rectangle for a clock hand or something similar).

Is this something I can do in Affinity Designer as part of exporting the shapes?

Thanks

Hmm, no it doesn't offer some automagic feature for saving/exporting the rotation point of shapes in SVG here. - However, in case you need in SVG just the coordinate of a certain rotation point then, you can draw that point additionally (transparent etc.) on top of the corresponding shape, group them and also name it's layer (of the drawn rotation point) to something meaningful associated, so you can identify it later also by ID in the SVG code.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr