Julio666

Affinity designer. tool display problem angle

Hello, I have created several shapes that I have grouped into a shape that has several angles, I want to modify the angles, the problem when I use the angle tool function, no angle point is displayed, while my object is well selected, it is a bug? I put a screenshot of the problem. Thank you in advance for your help.

Capture d’écran 2019-04-19 à 20.55.20.png

It seems that the corner tool doesn't work with groups. Whether this is a bug or "by design" only Affinity developers will be able to say.

You will need to select individual shapes within the group, or add the individual shapes to make a single object.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Hello Julio666,

Instead of grouping the shapes, you can make a compound of them, it will create a unique shape but each object will remain editable and the angle tool will be available.

Thanks to both of you for your help, I found the solution to be able to see the angles, you don't have to group the whole thing together but have it added

5 minutes ago, Julio666 said:

Thanks to both of you for your help, I found the solution to be able to see the angles, you don't have to group the whole thing together but have it added

Yes, and if you want to keep the possibility to move one of the components afterwards, keep the "Alt" key pressed during the "Add" operation, it will create a compound as I indicated earlier.

1 hour ago, >|< said:

A Compound will have no advantage over a Group: there is no real corner to be rounded where the edge of one object meets or crosses the edge of another object. The objects must be destructively added together to create real corners at these junctions.

I think what @reglico means may be something like in this Compound corners.afdesign file, where the 4 lower shapes were created by non-destructively compound adding the 2 squares at the top, then using the Corner Tool to alter the individual layers of the compound objects:
875353458_compoundcorners.jpg.b20a463426e86b84f2ab9e3b6edbc2a2.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

Indeed, it could eventually have been something of this kind and I kept in mind the possibility of changing the position of an element if the need arose, but the remark of  @>|< is justified, the totality of the angles is not modifiable, only those forming an integral part of the shapes of the compound are modifiable, the crossings between these shapes are not.