You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Working together: X-Touch Mini and Affinity Photo - Free

A few days ago I bought an X-Touch Mini to use with Affinity Photo. Here it is next to my Deco 03:

image.png.ba7e890ae09c6fc7c1afec3e1be13333.png

It took many hours to get everything talking, including configuring the X-Touch Mini and the MIDI translation software to convert the MIDI messages to keystrokes.

Most of the work applies to both Windows and Mac systems, but the free version of the MIDI translator I use is only available for Windows. Mac users will have to buy the Pro version or find another translator. 

The attached file contains a PDF with instructions, as well as pre-built configuration files for both layers on the X-Touch Mini, the configuration files for the MIDI translator and a couple of .svg templates for the overlay.

Enjoy!

Configuring X-Touch Mini for AP on Windows.zip

BTW, the 'knob' on the Deco's wheel is a soft, stick-on door stop - makes the wheel much easier to adjust (https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01J23R2X8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). 

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

• 3 years later...