You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP - Furthering my education

I've been deep in learning AP for a while now, and I want to learn more generally about what I can do with some of the toys AP provides. 

There are plenty of AP tutorials that cover these features, but they are often short on the many ways they can be used. Channels, for example, can  be used for many things - I just learned how to use them to enhance contrast for example. The same with filters - I just saw a video showing how to use a zoom blur to create light rays. 

What non-application-specific resources are available to learn about channels, the different kinds of filters, what they can be used for and so forth?

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

2 hours ago, DWright said:

There are many YouTube and Vimeo video tutorials showing how these feature can be used

What I've found isn't what I'm looking for. I want a single article/book/course/video that covers channels, for example, in depth. Tell me everything I can do with them, generically.

15 minutes ago, casterle said:

I want a single article/book/course/video that covers channels, for example, in depth. Tell me everything I can do with them, generically.

So Google something like
   digital photos channels
and start reading.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

So Google something like
   digital photos channels
and start reading.

Yes, of course I did that. A bit of this here and that there isn't what I'm looking for. Learning this way is like trying to become a surgeon by watch videos of surgeries. They're probably helpful, but much more is needed.

There are shelves full of books on general photography, relating to no specific camera. Surely there must be something available tor learning image editing in general from a single, comprehensive source with concentration on skills and techniques rather than the tool. I've got CS6, AP, Photo RAW and GIMP. Between these 4 programs I believe I can accomplish anything I can learn to do in general.

• 1 year later...