You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher .293 crashes when opening files

Hi,

Since the recent update to 1.7.0.293, Publisher crashes when opening some files. These files all share the same text styles, master page and a background image. Publisher also crashes when I attempt to import the text styles into a new, blank document. Placing the image (which was created in a trial version of Affinity Photo) into a new, blank document also crashes Publisher.

Unfortunately I don't own Affinity Photo, as yet, however, the image opens OK in Designer, but placing this image, either as a Designer file or exported .psd file, again crashes Publisher.

Other documents that I have created, using different text styles and images,  before and since the update have all opened fine.

I am using an iMac (2008) 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with El Capitan 10.11.6

It seems that a couple of other forum users have had similar issues, so I have attached all relevant files, as well as crash reports, in the hope that the developers can solve the problem.

Thanks

Files.zip

• Staff

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the bundle, very helpful. For what it's worth your documents are opening fine for me, however I can see that the Photo team have put in a fix in the vicinity of the crash site in the last few days for a 'sporadic crash'. At the moment I don't have any background on it but I'll find out more next week and if there's anything of interest I'll let you know, otherwise it'll just be a case of waiting for the next build.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.