You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can you Create an E Mag in Affinity Publisher?

Hello,

My first post - and my thanks to the community for being there and answering questions.

While I have been working with Photoshop for over ten years, I'm new to a publishing program - and I chose Affinity Publisher because of recommendations and because it is similar to Adobe InDesign.

my goal:

To create an eMagazine that can be emailed to my photography clients and those interested in my work via email.

Here are my specific questions (after researching online, but only coming across magazine apps trying to reel you in and not giving info)

1. What pixel dimensions should this magazine have?

2. Would it be better to have a pdf that you can email, or a link to the pdf that is hosted online?

I am thinking of doing the magazine in an sRGB color space, as it is the standard color space of the web (unfortunately)

Thanks!

Edited by World View

49 minutes ago, World View said:

2. Would it be better to have a pdf that you can email, or a link to the pdf that is hosted online?

Link ! Link !

I would hate you if my inbox filled up with pdfs.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 minutes ago, World View said:

Nobody wants to annoy others!

I saw the word 'clients' in your first post and thought not for long if he emails pdfs every few weeks.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

14 hours ago, World View said:

Yes, one has to respect one's client's inboxes.

What about attaching jpeg of the cover page, so the email doesn't look like a boring text soup.

A kind of preview.

That works fine for me.

20 hours ago, World View said:

sRGB color space, as it is the standard color space of the web (unfortunately)

There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever - nothing unfortunate about it.

As the target medium is a computer display (or similar), it makes perfect sense to use a color space that matches the targeted output medium.  Just like CMYK is a better match for most printers, RGB is the native color space for displays.  The web was made for displays, thus it uses the color space of displays (also of cameras).