You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Arrangement changes after page add/delete

AFPUB 1.7.0.293 OS X 10.13.6

Fairly common still in this latest version. I wanted to move a single page's content to an earlier pace in a section. So I added one empty page at the earlier point ("after" and it became the verso in the next spread). Selected all content of the recto page before that and moved it one page down (to the new verso page). That left a blank recto before it. Then moved the later single page content (about  8 pages later) back to the blank recto at the beginning of the section. Finally, deleted the last page of the section (a verso). This moved everything after that one page 'up' . So the next section is now starting properly on the verso page. Now, here is the error - in the next section 2 pages later, one spread's background image (covering 2 pages - the spread) had migrated from "move to back" to "move to front". This also happened in the two previous AFPUB versions.

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.09.43 AM.png

Somewhat expected, but still not great, this move also caused the applied Master page section names and page numbers to "flip" so that instead of names and pages being at the outside edges of the spread, they moved inside to the middle of the spread - happened on, apparently, just the single section I was working with but not all subsequent pages. I had to re-apply the master to those affected pages.

There is something very wrong with the way Publisher handles single page insertion anywhere except the end of the publication.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Sorry to be so scattered, but just wanted to point out that the background image that migrated from 'back' to "front" is a single picture frame with a single photo that spans the entire 2-page spread(s). Maybe adding only a single page caused an internal mis-alignment (how could AFPUB handle a frame that spans two different spreads?)

2 minutes ago, thetasig said:

Sorry to be so scattered, but just wanted to point out that the background image that migrated from 'back' to "front" is a single picture frame with a single photo that spans the entire 2-page spread(s). Maybe adding only a single page caused an internal mis-alignment (how could AFPUB handle a frame that spans two different spreads?)

I have the same hassle with text only in the centres of the pages. For fun (sarcasm) set up a master with a page number in a text frame which spans the width of a page, only the page not the spread. Do this for left and right. Then justify them or not do your insert a page in the middle of the publication. All the pages following the new page will have the Even page numbers only, Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 8, 8, 10, 10. 

It is not anything you did, the single page insertion is busted.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.