Jeroen

Bug? Unexpected behaviour Channels panel

This is an issue about the channels panel, looks like a bug to me.

In 1.6, selecting a single colour, with alpha deselected, shows a B/W image, presumably of the colour channel. Same with 1.7 beta. However, adding alpha gives a monochrome image of the proper colour in 1.6, but a fully coloured image in 1.7 beta. If I add another colour instead of alpha, in 1.6 I get an image with the proper color mix, in 1.7 beta I again get a fully coloured image.

I have reproduced this at will with any .jpg I tried. For some reason, uploading a file failed with -200, so no example, but I do not think it makes a difference.

You are correct, I am on a Mac.

macOS Mojave, iMac Retina 5k 27-inch 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.0.120

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, Jeroen said:

For some reason, uploading a file failed with -200

For future reference, reducing the file's width to around about 2000px usually cures this (rather unhelpful) error code

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed reply. This seems to be caused by the "Hardware Acceleration: Metal" and Display: Metal in the Preferences > Performance. With Display set to OpenGL, it should be fine. 

I will log this with our developers.

Thanks,

Gabe.