You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing text size when re-sizing connected text boxes

This is a problem I have not been able to solve for many of the beta versions, and the issue appears random. If I have text in two connected text boxes and I enlarge the first text box to bring up text from the connected box below, the incoming text either increases dramatically eg from 9pt to 50pt as in the example below or if the text is pushed down to the lower box, the text size can decrease in size down to 1.5pt. This happens even if the text has been formatted to be exactly the same. Any thoughts?!

Cheers!

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 13.49.40.png

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 13.49.53.png

3 hours ago, Gavin Anthony said:

This happens when I use the centre handle

Center right? Center bottom?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You may have different Paragraph Styles applied. Check which ones are applied with the text caret in the 'right' and 'wrong' sized text.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

If you could provide a sample .afpub file that demonstrates the problem that would be helpful.

I recall seeing a problem reported that involved the font size changing in some circumstances such as you're reporting, but I don't remember the exact scenario, nor whether Serif has determined the cause and released a fix, yet.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

If you could provide a sample .afpub file that demonstrates the problem that would be helpful.

I recall seeing a problem reported that involved the font size changing in some circumstances such as you're reporting, but I don't remember the exact scenario, nor whether Serif has determined the cause and released a fix, yet.

Will do this as soon as I find the next example. The only way I have been able to solve it so far is to copy the text from the lower box and paste it into the upper box—but definitely I cannot resize the boxes to move the text.

Cheers!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.