You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Place Image Tool crashes the program

Yesterday and today, I placed several jpg's in a document in v293 without problem. 

High Sierra, iMac, 2-page document

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

I found that:

• When using File > Place or the "Place Image Tool" button with MacOs 10.11.6 --> Crash with PDF (ok with jpg)
  • When using File > Place or the "Place Image Tool" button with MacOs 10.14.4 --> no problem (jpg and PDF)

1 hour ago, postmadesign said:

I tried to place a Designer file, also crashed every time...

I have placed several jpegs, .aphoto and .afdesign files perfectly with v. 293,  using both the Place Image tool and the File>Place route.    No crashes.   The only thing that happened is that Publisher asked me if I would like to Link the files, since there was lots of data.   I clicked no, and the placement was still perfect.

I have also placed a PDF document, using File>Place without incident.  Didn't try the Place Image tool, but I am sure that works too.

I am on MAC Sierra.  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

I just tried placing a jpeg, a pdf, an APub doc, an APhoto doc ... all without issue. Created a new doc and placed all items, linked. Saved. No issues. Same as reported earlier working with an actual APub document created in an earlier version but updated in 293. Obviously there is something else happening to create issues for some. 

High Sierra 12.13.6

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Also just added an ADes file and no problem.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• Staff

Sorry that this regression has been introduced in build 293. We are working on a solution.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 11 months later...
  • Staff

@Neil91

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

this thread is about a regression that was quickly solved 

please can you follow the instructions listed at the top of this forum link and make a new thread about your problem in the appropriate Publisher bugs forum underneath those instructions

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.