You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Line and fill colours - line doesn't take the selected swatch, only fill...

It's hard to show a clear video of the issue so I will try to explain.

The line and fill colours - when you select a swatch colour, even if line is at the forefront over fill, it won't take the swatch. Only fill will take it when it is at the front and then you have to switch the fill and line colours so that the line has the desired colour.

It's been annoying me for a while and I was wondering if this is a bug or intended functionality? Hopefully the former!

Thanks

• Staff

Hi rnbutler87,

I've just tried this myself with what I think you're describing but it is working correctly. Could you attach a video that shows this behaviour please, along with simple step by step guidelines with what you are doing so we can get a better idea.

See attached video of what I think you're saying isn't working.

Hi thanks for the reply. I see it doing it in yours but it doesn't do it in mine. Well, more accurately 90% of the time it doesn't do it, but now and again it will, and I have no idea why.

Currently it won't do it, so here is a video showing you what it does. I'm working in the design perspective with the brush tool selected if this helps.

https://www.loom.com/share/043c1d0aa5ee4e79ba7d960b78dd95f8

• Staff

It seems as though the Opacity on that fill is set to 0%. This can be seen right at the start when you select the colour and the swatch is just grey in the Context Toolbar. If you up this to you should see the colours changing.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.