You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta update 1.7.0.293 setup fails

I just downloaded affinity-publisher-beta-1.7.0.293 but when I try to install it the setup fails.  I've deleted the download applet and re-downloaded twice it with the same results. Since I download the new updater applet the old beta version also seems to be not accessable.  At this point I have no access to publisher or any of my publisher files.  Is there a fix for this?

Let it fail

Reboot

Try it again and it will install. It totally blows out the previous installation. They had this fixed but it is back for some reason

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

I deleted the old installation app, re-downloaded the current installation app and set-up still fails.  I tried again with another fresh download after turning off Windows Defender and deactivating the firewall with the same result.  Any suggestions?

Did you reboot as Rick G suggested?

Assuming you're on Windows, have you tried running it as an administrator? (Right-click on the installer .exe and choose Run as Administrator.)

Have you looked at the installation logs to see what issue they report? If on Windows, press the Windows key (or click on Start) and type %temp%\AffinitySetup which will open a File Explorer window to the directory that holds the setup logs. You should find several sub-directories. Find the most recent one, and look at Setup.log and SetupUI.log, and search for the word "error". The message there should help explain the problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for your replies and your help.  I finally got the install to complete by turning on developer mode in the "Use developer features" in settings.  Walt, I suspect you were right on about needing to run the installer as Administrator but I tried the developer mode option prior to getting your post and it did the trick, although I'm not sure why.  My system had been previously set to allow sideloading apps so what the developer mode added is a mystery to me.  Anyway, I'm up and running again.  Thanks for your help, you guys, you're awesome.