I just downloaded affinity-publisher-beta-1.7.0.293 but when I try to install it the setup fails.  I've deleted the download applet and re-downloaded twice it with the same results. Since I download the new updater applet the old beta version also seems to be not accessable.  At this point I have no access to publisher or any of my publisher files.  Is there a fix for this?

Let it fail

Reboot

Try it again and it will install. It totally blows out the previous installation. They had this fixed but it is back for some reason

Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 & beta 1.7.0.333 Affinity Photo 1.6.5,.135 beta  1.7.0.333 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

I deleted the old installation app, re-downloaded the current installation app and set-up still fails.  I tried again with another fresh download after turning off Windows Defender and deactivating the firewall with the same result.  Any suggestions?

Did you reboot as Rick G suggested?

Assuming you're on Windows, have you tried running it as an administrator? (Right-click on the installer .exe and choose Run as Administrator.)

Have you looked at the installation logs to see what issue they report? If on Windows, press the Windows key (or click on Start) and type %temp%\AffinitySetup which will open a File Explorer window to the directory that holds the setup logs. You should find several sub-directories. Find the most recent one, and look at Setup.log and SetupUI.log, and search for the word "error". The message there should help explain the problem.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Thanks for your replies and your help.  I finally got the install to complete by turning on developer mode in the "Use developer features" in settings.  Walt, I suspect you were right on about needing to run the installer as Administrator but I tried the developer mode option prior to getting your post and it did the trick, although I'm not sure why.  My system had been previously set to allow sideloading apps so what the developer mode added is a mystery to me.  Anyway, I'm up and running again.  Thanks for your help, you guys, you're awesome.