You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Info crosshairs left behind

1. View/Studio/Info
  2. Drag from Sample from Location to position cross-hairs on image
  3. Close Info panel
  4. The little red cross-hairs remains on the image.

Shouldn't the cross-hairs disappear with the panel?

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

14 hours ago, Ray S. said:

the cross-hairs disappear when you switch back to sample from location in the info panel.

Yes, but I'd still classify this as a defect.

The purpose of the cross-hairs disappears when you dismiss the info panel. The cross-hairs should go with it. If reintroducing the panel retains the selection of crosshairs, then the crosshairs on the image should reappear then.

Dave Straker

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Adjustments don't disappear if you close the adjustment panel
Layers don't disappear if you close the layers panel
Styles don't disappear if you close the styles panel
Your History does not disappear if you close the history panel
Assets do not disappear from your document if you close the Assets panel
etc
etc
etc
etc

IMO When you toggle a studio panel on and off you are only affecting the visibility of that panel in your workspace you are not affecting anything that you have used that panel for when it was opened.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

8 hours ago, carl123 said:

Adjustments don't disappear if you close the adjustment panel

That looks like an ad absurdum argument. When there is value in things remaining, then of course they should remain. But in the case of the info panel, there is no value in the crosshairs remaining when the info panel is dismissed. To get rid of it, the user has to re-initiate the panel and change the selection. In this case, it simply makes sense to hide the crosshairs when the panel is dismissed.

Dave Straker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...