You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro User Parameters are Still Trashed [120]

As noted in Build 118, user parameters for macros are still mostly missing in the latest build (120). No gear icons found for most steps when using "Edit Macro..." and the User Parameters programmed for my existing macros (mostly) no longer show up.

See also:

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

I cant confirm this (at least in 118 - 120 does not have any fixes/news i need/want, so i overstep this build).

My old macros work with all cog i have set. But there is still this very old macro-bug, This Hyper-cog-bug, that, if using old "base/ "sub"-macros" for more complexer-macros ALL "cog-parameter" which uses ONE parameter avaible under the same name in different adjustment/Filter... eg. with the name "radius" inside, or just layer-OPACITY...  if there are several of "same" names, in different filters/adjust ... you can not rename each of them individuell. All name-brother-"cogs" will take the same name you give one of them. In "closed" macros (without any sub-macros) this works in 118. But with complex macros (including sub-macros this do not work - but this is not new, this an very old, afaik knowing bug).

This, and the non-possibility to RANGE a parameter-slider (like from just 3 - 12 pixel, or inverted from minus 15 to plus 20%....) , are the most open out-of-error-areas in macros. Mostly a slider in macros goes from 1-1000% not just 1-100% and mostly i just need a special range from eg. just 20-35%, but so, the sliders are often useless, only the hit-the-number-field are useful. 

Its really pitty that Serif does not develop macros more in focus. (BTW: thanks for the new stretching/position possibilities... they are realy great and useful)  But in general: There is so many high-potential in macros and so many lacks in the current state....  but it seems more important, that i can crop, crop and crop in handstand and with closed eyes... just by magic-mental-beaming... cropping seems to be the most importand step in all photo-edit-possibilitys... it seems we do cropping so often, each 2 minutes..., here all luxury is high, high number1 of our whole-develope-capacities... Alos all this RAW-stuff! De-coppel all this Light-Room stuff and create a sepreate APP for stuff like this. A new SEPARATE Serif-Lightroom-app, will collect more money for Serif generell and a separate Team, just for Serif-Lightroom, will not waste resources for just AP as EDITOR/creative tool, not as weak Lightroom giveaway.

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.