You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I would like to remove the wording from the attached image. I've tried to remove with Photo's Inpainting, Healing, Blemish Removal tools but the underlying green looks a bit peculiar.

What's the best way to remove the wording an fill in with the green?

Craftsbury-Farmers-Market-logo-800.thumb.jpg.21d7f48a0c511be6684b150471c110a4.jpg

I just tried Photo's clone tool. I think that might do what I want to do but I would like a watercolor brush stroke effect. How do I get that?

When I select a portion of the green grassy area and [option-click] to select and start cloning the green that is cloned is solid. How do I clone the exact faded green in the image?

15 minutes ago, lbohen said:

When I select a portion of the green grassy area and [option-click] to select and start cloning the green that is cloned is solid. How do I clone the exact faded green in the image?

At the risk of stating the obvious, the green that is cloned should be a clone of the area around the point where you Option-clicked! What are your Context toolbar settings for the tool? What brush (e.g. ‘Basic Round Soft’) are you using?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

I did this using various techniques. I didn't fuss over it too much and the hardest thing with trying to modify something like this is matching the watercolour effect.

But with a little patience you could get a far better result than what I got.

test1.jpg

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

Make a copy of the image.

Move the copy so that the green area is over the font below. you might have to pull or stretch the image in order to cover the letters.

With the image below selected erase, or mask out the font.

Repeat this process until you have all the letters erased. You will have to make several copies of the original image.

Flatten document and use the Inpainting tool to even out the new green areas.

Use the clone tool set to low opacity = 10/15% and select areas that best match your target areas.

Rinse and repeat until you get what you want.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

And another approach.

Used clone brush to dabble over the letters. Not happy w. the result. Started using the wand select, copying and pasting various selections from the upper veggies. Transformed them in different ways, reduced opacity, and merged down. Some times changed the blend mode to screen or soft light. Then used the wand again to catch most of the lower grassy area, and added a bit of monochromatic noise to hint at the original paper.

Craftsbury-Farmers-Market-logo.thumb.jpg.d99efb483c2a3178d848d4a7e4bae940.jpg

Oh, and used the smudge brush w. a coarse bristle nib to break up some of the patch edges.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

10 minutes ago, gdenby said:

And another approach.

Used clone brush to dabble over the letters. Not happy w. the result. Started using the wand select, copying and pasting various selections from the upper veggies. Transformed them in different ways, reduced opacity, and merged down. Some times changed the blend mode to screen or soft light. Then used the wand again to catch most of the lower grassy area, and added a bit of monochromatic noise to hint at the original paper.

Craftsbury-Farmers-Market-logo.thumb.jpg.d99efb483c2a3178d848d4a7e4bae940.jpg

Oh, and used the smudge brush w. a coarse bristle nib to break up some of the patch edges.

So many techniques to produce similar results.

4 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

So many techniques to produce similar results.

Indeed, hard to say what is the best way. I've done things vaguely like this before. So thrashed around a bit until I hit the "Oh! that worked..." moment. Then, variation, variation.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

Huion WH1409 tablet

I was using the flood select tool. When doing a contiguous select, it will grab everything within the tolerance. So it grabs a whole blob of the watercolor. The selection bush will do much the same thing, but can be limited to just the area within the brush nib selection.

Then copy, and paste, which creates a new layer. Using the move tool, position the duplicate where you like, and transform it in proportion and rotation as you like. Merge down, changing the opacity and blend mode as you might like.

Huion WH1409 tablet

This method provided an interesting result in the sense that the texture I used was more inline with the watercolour effect.

The texture I used came as a freebie from Serif when I bought their software so I don't know if everyone has it.

test 2.jpg