Echoisa

Find and Replace Color in Publisher

Hi all.  Long time InDesign user looking to switch to Affinity Publisher if possible.

I have a pack of printables that needs to be exported in nine different colors.  Due to the ongoing nature of this project and the fact that it's constantly being expanded and modified, I would like to keep all of the work in one file and just run a Find and Replace on the colors as I can in InDesign.  Does this feature exist yet and if so, where?

Thanks in advance.

No, there is no such feature available yet. Managing colour still needs some (massive) work here. ATM colours can even be deleted from palette without any warning or replacement option.

Global colours are all you have for now, but you have to remember to create (and use) them at the start of the project

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Global colours are all you have for now, but you have to remember to create (and use) them at the start of the project

So I'd have to create a global color swatch and then adjust that swatch manually when I need to change colors for an export, is that correct?

Sounds about right.  I have not used global colours too much before.

But now working on some different "templates" where changing the base colour has been made a lot easier by using a global colour at the start of the project. 

So far, so good.

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.