Sign in to follow this  
Natalia59

Export to EPS files with objects of different transparency

Hello. Tell me please, is it possible to export files drawn on the iPad in EPS format, if there are objects with different transparency in the file, so that these objects remain vector? I tried to export such a file, all objects become raster.

In the Export screen for EPS there is an option called Rasterize. Have you tried setting that to 'Nothing'.?

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Eps files cannot contain transparency. Never have. Transparency will become a bitmap. 

You would be better off exporting as a pdf or an egg. But note not every transparency type can be contained in either type of format. 

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

14 hours ago, DM1 said:

In the Export screen for EPS there is an option called Rasterize. Have you tried setting that to 'Nothing'.?

Yes, but in this case transparent objects are completely absent when I open the file in Adobe Illustrator on the computer.

12 hours ago, MikeW said:

Eps files cannot contain transparency. Never have. Transparency will become a bitmap. 

You would be better off exporting as a pdf or an egg. But note not every transparency type can be contained in either type of format

It is a pity, I need to save it in EPS in order to further edit the file in Adobe Illustrator. It would be great if the program for the iPad is supplemented with such an opportunity to export transparent objects to EPS.

Try svg.

Eps never has supported transparency. But, you could always export as flat color (use the suggested Nothing setting) and add transparency in AI.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.