You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why the Flower Screen??

42 minutes ago, IVANART said:

There is no such thing as dragging pictures into other software and opening them.

I am not sure what you mean by this, but lots of apps support drag & drop opening of various kinds of files containing images, so maybe you can explain in more detail what you are talking about?

Likewise, it is unclear what you mean by "trying to change other pictures" -- essentially all graphics editing apps can change images in a variety of ways.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

15 minutes ago, R C-R said:

我不确定你的意思,但很多应用程序支持拖放包含图像的各种文件,所以也许你可以更详细地解释你在说什么?

同样,目前还不清楚“尝试更改其他图片”是什么意思 - 基本上所有图形编辑应用程序都可以通过各种方式更改图像。

It's mosaic effect to open an image in AF, trying to do all the pictures like this. Is it mine and the graphics card is broken?

5 minutes ago, IVANART said:

The original picture opens like this

What type of file is the original picture?

"picture.TIFF", "picture.JPEG" or some other type?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Do you have a different version of that PNG file somewhere? When I save that one, from the last post, I can drag drop it into the app without a problem.

What application are you drag/dropping from ? Explorer? a browser? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

What type of file is the original picture?

screenshot shows picture.PNG.

I suspect some unsupported bit depth or colour format

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello, everyone. First of all, thank you for your kind help. I come from China. We call this phenomenon "flower screen" here. If the graphics card is broken, there will be this phenomenon. So I think AF display picture has problems. I have tried all kinds of image formats, which is useless.

2 hours ago, IVANART said:

We call this phenomenon "flower screen" here.

Thanks to my Grandmothers and my Mother I would call it Needlepoint

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Do you get the same result for a "new document", as the rulers are showing corrupt too, which implies a graphics card problem or just possibly a colour profile issue.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Does this file open in any other app correctly?

How many layers does this document have?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Is your system a laptop or desktop?
  • What is your system spec?
  • Windows or Mac?

• Uninstall the graphic drivers.
  • Then install the latest ones, if that doesn't work; if possible, remove your graphic card and install a known to be working one.
  • Remove the graphic drivers prior swapping the graphic card.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions