You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.0.293] Appearance Panel crash to desktop reordering strokes

I am experiencing a repeatable crash to desktop when dragging to reorder the strokes in the appearance panel.

1915235166_AffinityAppearanceCrash.gif.c35f31a958e2dafdaec59b4541c30514.gif

1. Create a new document.
  2. Draw a shape.
  3. Add a new stroke.
  4. As one movement, drag the original stroke above the new stroke

Result: Crash to desktop.

As an aside, this killed my installation of Designer!

1st run after the crash produced this…

2056310065_AffinityCantLoad.thumb.png.5d33dde1c92f691bb985d1b3a1c79da1.png

Splash screen never disappeared. Popup (which should be informing me about a recovery file) white, with only one visible option ("Yes").

Subsequent runs of 1.7.0.293, after the crash, instantly crashes to desktop!

I just tried running 1.6.5 out of curiosity, and that is dead too!

1750475620_AffinityUnhandledException.thumb.png.fd082f4750f3892e9697afc0b6eec8fe.png

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff
23 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

Update: A system reboot seems to have got both installs running again.

I reproduced the crash and will get that logged, but the File Restore message was fine for me (as was Designer 1.6). It sounds as though your graphics drivers might have had a slight issue which would explain why 1.6 wasn't working and that a reboot solved it.

Thanks for letting us know.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

This issue will be fixed in the next available build. Thanks for your help finding this.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.