Grindeddown

Almost all of my image’s pixel data deleted after using fill tool...

Usual story, spent a few hours on a single photo. Last few touches before being done and BAM, all the work out the window. I was experimenting with the fill tool so that I could add a gradient to my image. I selected each of the different gradient types before remembering that I had not created a new pixel layer for my gradient. So I two finger tapped several times to undo several steps back in history to just before I added the fill. Once I got to just before I had applied a fill tool, my entire project just showed as an alpha layer i.e. - blank. I struggled to see if there was a layer that I had turned the visibility off or not. Not the case. Traveling back into my history, my pixel data for the image would show up, but only piece by piece according to a tool that had been used on a certain section. I a tool hadn’t been recently used, then the image data is just blank. Attached is a screenshot showing what I mean.

Any thoughts? Or if there is any additional information that I can provide to help rectify such an issue, let me know. 

Cheers!

B3F4F8B6-5A55-4749-8858-B1A03BA364D9.png

40 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Grindeddown,

Can you constantly replicate this? or was it just a one-off? 

If you can replicate it, can you attach a screen recording? 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hey Gabriel. It is the first time I have encountered it so far. I will try testing it out again, and if I can replicate it, I will check back in. It is the first time I have gone on to do a full photo edit in affinity for quite some time, so while this is a one-off for now, it’s tough to say at the moment.