You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot edit photo upon returning to photo in Affinity Photo for iPad.

Hi team,

I'm fairly new to the app and really loving it so far. 

However I'm really stumped on this one!

I cannot seem to be able to edit a photo that I had previously been editing, upon leaving and then returning to the photo in Affinity Photo for iPad!

Nothing seems to work no matter what I try! I've even tried to add new layers; to no avail. I've made sure that all layers ARE unlocked and are editable. But to no avail.

Would really appreciate some assistance on this one. 

Cheers,

Andy.

• Staff

Hi newradical and Welcome to the Forums,

I've not been able to replicate anything like this on the iPads we have here in the office.  I open an image, make some edits, go back to the home screen and close the app.  I then open the app again and tap on the image from the Home screen and i'm able to continue editing the image.

Could you enable Show touches in the Preferences of Affinity and do a screen recording, as shown on this link as that may help identify what's going wrong :) 

11 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi newradical and Welcome to the Forums,

I've not been able to replicate anything like this on the iPads we have here in the office.  I open an image, make some edits, go back to the home screen and close the app.  I then open the app again and tap on the image from the Home screen and i'm able to continue editing the image.

Could you enable Show touches in the Preferences of Affinity and do a screen recording, as shown on this link as that may help identify what's going wrong :) 

Thanks very much for your reply!

Please find attached.

Edited by newradical
Removing video to maintain the privacy of the subject in the video.