ConnectCreative

Master Pages not applying correctly

I have a document with x2 master pages - one A4, the other 10mm wider at 220mm x 297. When I either create a new page (selecting the relevant master) or drag a Master on to page to change it properties, the size of the page does not change. I assumed if I had a master set at a certain size, dragged it on to a page, the page would use the size of the master applied?

Small video to show what I mean:

https://www.loom.com/share/25ec5e34b32f42cd87a951d4a46b5525

Assume I'm going about this the wrong way?!

This doesn't work(yet?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

It isn't designed to work like this at the moment I'm afraid.

We do currently have a feature request in to add this behaviour, and I'll give it a nudge.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Just now, Jon P said:

It isn't designed to work like this at the moment I'm afraid.

We do currently have a feature request in to add this behaviour, and I'll give it a nudge.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I kind of assumed that's precisely what Master Pages are for, if they don't amend the size then its not really a Master Page so hopeful this gets added before the release.

You can set it per pages though,ctrl+click the to alter pages in the pages panel
Go to the page you want to alter>rightclick>spread properties>change the size(Page from dropdown)
*note on facing pages this will alter the size for both pages

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, ConnectCreative said:

I assumed if I had a master set at a certain size, dragged it on to a page, the page would use the size of the master applied?

If you apply multiple master pages to a page and they have different sizes then which one wins?

16 hours ago, fde101 said:

If you apply multiple master pages to a page and they have different sizes then which one wins?

I had no idea you can apply more than one master to one page? How does that work? Which one takes precedence?

16 minutes ago, ConnectCreative said:

I had no idea you can apply more than one master to one page? How does that work? Which one takes precedence?

When in the mp panel>right click the mp>apply master to pages
Here are choices to which pages you want it applied.
There's a check mark for replace existing>uncheck this
Repeat this for every mp you want to apply.
If you drag/drop a master page on a page, this will invoke the replace existing always
You can change the hierarchy in the layers panel or by the arrange options

Yep, and that way you can for example have one master page at the bottom of the layer stack and another at the top.

You can also copy and paste the master layers from one page to another but I'm not sure yet if that is a good approach or not.

We have made improvements to this area of the program in the latest Affinity Publisher beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. Once Affinity Publisher has been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update to all customers.

The 1.8.0 builds are in links at the top of these forum posts

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform