You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master Pages not applying correctly

I have a document with x2 master pages - one A4, the other 10mm wider at 220mm x 297. When I either create a new page (selecting the relevant master) or drag a Master on to page to change it properties, the size of the page does not change. I assumed if I had a master set at a certain size, dragged it on to a page, the page would use the size of the master applied?

Small video to show what I mean:

https://www.loom.com/share/25ec5e34b32f42cd87a951d4a46b5525

Assume I'm going about this the wrong way?!

Just now, Jon P said:

It isn't designed to work like this at the moment I'm afraid.

We do currently have a feature request in to add this behaviour, and I'll give it a nudge.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I kind of assumed that's precisely what Master Pages are for, if they don't amend the size then its not really a Master Page so hopeful this gets added before the release.

6 hours ago, ConnectCreative said:

I assumed if I had a master set at a certain size, dragged it on to a page, the page would use the size of the master applied?

If you apply multiple master pages to a page and they have different sizes then which one wins?

Yep, and that way you can for example have one master page at the bottom of the layer stack and another at the top.

You can also copy and paste the master layers from one page to another but I'm not sure yet if that is a good approach or not.

• 6 months later...
  • Staff

We have made improvements to this area of the program in the latest Affinity Publisher beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. Once Affinity Publisher has been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update to all customers.

The 1.8.0 builds are in links at the top of these forum posts

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.