You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi.

I am having a problem that I have never had previously in Affinity Designer .

Every time I go to exit the programme I am confronted by a dialogue box that says the following: At least one file is currently being opened. Please wait for files to load before quitting the application.

I have tried closing the application on many occasions even though I have no files being loaded...And the only way to close the programme is to shut my Pc down.

I am using windows 10...do I need to uninstall the programme to correct this issue?

Can anybody help, please

many Thanks

Paul20190416_212420.thumb.jpg.8cfb707a96fd6f4dbb2b21adbae7e391.jpg

Always a good idea to search the forum.

Many (if not most) issues have been looked at before.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&q="At least one file is currently being opened"&sortby=relevancy

Hope this sorts your problem :)

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

4 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

Hope this sorts your problem :)

It should do!

By the way, @skinnyjim, it’s a good idea to make friends with the Snipping Tool which is included with recent versions of Windows. You’ll get much clearer screenshots than you could ever hope to obtain by pointing a camera at your computer screen.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

19 hours ago, Alfred said:

It should do!

By the way, @skinnyjim, it’s a good idea to make friends with the Snipping Tool which is included with recent versions of Windows. You’ll get much clearer screenshots than you could ever hope to obtain by pointing a camera at your computer screen.

Hi, Thanks for your reply..Well, I have uninstalled and reinstalled designer. I have read some posts on the forum related to this issue but...it is still an on going issue .....I do not undestand the process of looking for a file that is in C/ USERS/APP DATA/AFFINITY  ect.....I CAN NOT SEE ANY FILES THERE... please if possible could you explain the process of this again.

many thanks

Paul 

Put the folder path

%AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\

on the Windows clipboard (i.e. highlight it in my post and press Ctrl+C to copy it). Press and hold the WinKey (the key with the Windows logo, to the left of the space bar) and press and release R to display the Run dialog. Release the WinKey, paste (by pressing Ctrl+V) the copied text into the box, and press the ‘OK’ button. An Explorer window will open, displaying the contents of the Affinity Designer 1.0  application data folder, and there should be a temp subfolder in there. Left-click on that folder to select it, and press the Delete (or Del) key on your keyboard.

Edited by Alfred
Corrected Windows folder path to include backslashes

Alfred spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Put the folder path

%AppData%/Affinity/Designer/1.0/

on the Windows clipboard (i.e. highlight it in my post and press Ctrl+C to copy it). Press and hold the WinKey (the key with the Windows logo, to the left of the space bar) and press and release R to display the Run dialog. Release the WinKey, paste (by pressing Ctrl+V) the copied text into the box, and press the ‘OK’ button. An Explorer window will open, displaying the contents of the Affinity Designer 1.0  application data folder, and there should be a temp subfolder in there. Left-click on that folder to select it, and press the Delete (or Del) key on your keyboard.

Hi Alfred.

many thanks for your reply... I have followed your advice and thanks once again but after following your instructions I don't have any file there? no Affinity Designer 1.0 application folder?

any more suggestions very welcomPaul

That’s very strange, Paul! Do you see any subfolders if you go to

%AppData%\Affinity\

?

(I’m sure I corrected the forward slashes to backslashes in my previous post, but it looks as though my edit got lost! Fixed now.)

Alfred spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

That’s very strange, Paul! Do you see any subfolders if you go to

%AppData\Affinity\

?

(I was sure I corrected the forward slashes to backslashes in my previous post, but it looks as though my edit got lost.)

hi Alfred.

I have copied and put this into the run and it still says that windows canot find this file?

1 minute ago, skinnyjim said:

hi Alfred.

I have copied and put this into the run and it still says that windows canot find this file?

Too quick off the mark, I’m afraid! There was a typo (missing % sign) which I’ve only just corrected: please try again.

Alfred spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Too quick off the mark, I’m afraid! There was a typo (missing % sign) which I’ve only just corrected: please try again.

hI Alfred

I have put this into run and the subfolders have come up... I went into 1,0 and have deleted the temp file.

And now I can successfully close the application without the Quitting Box dialogue...

Well what can I say except a big thank you and you are a clever person indeed.

A massive Thanks for your time and help

Paul

3 minutes ago, skinnyjim said:

Hi  Reglico and many thanks.

I have now satisfactorily resolved the issue thanks to Alfred .

Super cool

Paul

Hello skinnyjim,

Glad to know your problem solved!