I expect that changing the font size in a paragraph style definition would change all paragraphs tagged with that style throughout the document. That does not appear to be the case! Publisher 1.7.0.292 Mac This is so basic that I guess it is me that just doesn't know which button to push. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

1 hour ago, GeoffW said:

I expect that changing the font size in a paragraph style definition would change all paragraphs tagged with that style throughout the document.

That is how it works for me with the one caveat: The font size can be over-ridden by a Character Style.

The [No Style] style isn't actually a style and as such cannot be changed en masse.

Are your two Paragraph styles based on two different styles?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.384 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.1.138 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.14

2 hours ago, GeoffW said:

I expect that changing the font size in a paragraph style definition would change all paragraphs tagged with that style throughout the document. That does not appear to be the case!

It should work as you expect. Can you provide a sample .afpub file that shows it working otherwise? If so, perhaps we can point out something you did to cause that, or help determine that there's a bug.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

17 hours ago, GeoffW said:

changing the font size in a paragraph style definition would change all paragraphs tagged with that style throughout the document

This also assumes that you did not override the style in the text by selecting text and adjusting the size directly.  If you did, you will need to reset such text to use the style.

Thanks, everyone for your feedback.

I attached a couple of screenshots to try and illustrate my confusion. I seem to remember InDesign had the + after a style name and you just option clicked to update the text. Looks like Publisher has more options and it is not intuitive how they all interrelate.

I will read the help section again very slowly - I'm sure this will be another one of those - it's easy once you know how to do it features.

Heading 1.png

Heading 2.png

57 minutes ago, fde101 said:

This also assumes that you did not override the style in the text by selecting text and adjusting the size directly.  If you did, you will need to reset such text to use the style.

You can usually do that by using the strange little arrow to the right of the Style's name

90874701_ScreenShot2019-04-17at8_15_49AM.thumb.png.8aafeaabb04938d745f04921969595df.png

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.384 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.1.138 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.14

1 hour ago, GeoffW said:

I attached a couple of screenshots

I think that "update" button changes the style to match the selected text.  I think you want the circled "T" instead.

I'm still finding the switch from Adobe a bit of a challenge, sure it will get easier as I figure out Affinities little quirks.