You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I expect that changing the font size in a paragraph style definition would change all paragraphs tagged with that style throughout the document. That does not appear to be the case! Publisher 1.7.0.292 Mac This is so basic that I guess it is me that just doesn't know which button to push. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

1 hour ago, GeoffW said:

I expect that changing the font size in a paragraph style definition would change all paragraphs tagged with that style throughout the document.

That is how it works for me with the one caveat: The font size can be over-ridden by a Character Style.

The [No Style] style isn't actually a style and as such cannot be changed en masse.

Are your two Paragraph styles based on two different styles?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, GeoffW said:

I expect that changing the font size in a paragraph style definition would change all paragraphs tagged with that style throughout the document. That does not appear to be the case!

It should work as you expect. Can you provide a sample .afpub file that shows it working otherwise? If so, perhaps we can point out something you did to cause that, or help determine that there's a bug.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

17 hours ago, GeoffW said:

changing the font size in a paragraph style definition would change all paragraphs tagged with that style throughout the document

This also assumes that you did not override the style in the text by selecting text and adjusting the size directly.  If you did, you will need to reset such text to use the style.

Thanks, everyone for your feedback.

I attached a couple of screenshots to try and illustrate my confusion. I seem to remember InDesign had the + after a style name and you just option clicked to update the text. Looks like Publisher has more options and it is not intuitive how they all interrelate.

I will read the help section again very slowly - I'm sure this will be another one of those - it's easy once you know how to do it features.

Heading 1.png

Heading 2.png

57 minutes ago, fde101 said:

This also assumes that you did not override the style in the text by selecting text and adjusting the size directly.  If you did, you will need to reset such text to use the style.

You can usually do that by using the strange little arrow to the right of the Style's name

90874701_ScreenShot2019-04-17at8_15_49AM.thumb.png.8aafeaabb04938d745f04921969595df.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.