You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect page chosen with 100% zooming Publisher 1.7.0.293

If I zoom out to see many many pages and then select one by clicking with the Move tool (I know it is selected as one of the elements is highlighted) then hit Command 1 (one) to view that page at 100% I get a page near the top or bottom of the Pages Studio display, not the page I selected. However if I hit Command 0 (zero) I am taken to the page I selected, further if I hit Command 1 and go to the wrong page then hit Command 0 I will then be taken to the correct page. Also works in cases where I hit 200% or higher.
In a long publication the number of pages displayed in the pages studio is limited and occasionally I find it quicker and easier to zoom way out and hit the page I want then zoom back to 100%. Mostly this is to check the result of a change to a Master Page hence my desire to view at 100%.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi Bruce,

Command + 1 isn't going to do what you expect here, it will always just reset your current view zoom to 100% and not take into account the selection you have.

Zoom to selection is what you want to be using but it only works for selections on a page.

Zoom to fit zooms the currently active page to fit the view but also won't zoom to a selected page via the pages tab, however if you zoom out and select an object on a page this should achieve what you are looking for?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

3 hours ago, Jon P said:

Zoom to fit zooms the currently active page to fit the view but also won't zoom to a selected page via the pages tab, however if you zoom out and select an object on a page this should achieve what you are looking for?

This works as described, it is not exactly what I would like as I then need to set the zoom to 100%. (In the grand scheme of things I don't need to set the zoom to 100% but I would like to set the zoom to 100% as I want to see the page at 100%, an extra keyboard shortcut to achieve it is not going to do me that much harm.)

4 hours ago, Jon P said:

Zoom to selection is what you want to be using but it only works for selections on a page.

Actually it only works for Non Master Page items on a page. If I select text in a Text Frame which is from a Master Page and use it nothing happens.

4 hours ago, Jon P said:

Command + 1 isn't going to do what you expect here, it will always just reset your current view zoom to 100% and not take into account the selection you have.

Actually what it does is take me to a page which is displayed in the Pages Tab. I start at page 12, it is selected (grey outline in Pages Tab) I zoom way, way out and select a page far away, I scroll to a different section of pages in the pages tab and hit Command 1 and I go to a page in the Pages Tab display, either the top or bottom one, sometimes an arbitrary one outside the display but not the one that is selected nor the one that is highlighted in the Pages Tab.

These are all minor glitches and of little consequence other than the Zoom to Selection not working on Master Page items.

Post Script: I just noticed the Zoom to Document command, I have to try that with a six hundred page document, it'd be useless. But in a fun way.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.