You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Default Palette Doesn't seem to work

I have a personal palette that combines the standard greys and colours into a single palette called David Mac. This I have exported and saved as DavidMac.afpalette

When AP opens it opens always to the Grey palette. If I then select my own DavidMac palette from the palette dropdown list it displays just as it should.

If I then set this as the RGBA/8 Application Default palette in the Swatches menu I receive a message  ‘Default Palette Saved’.

However if I close Affinity and re-open it defaults once again to Grey. Creating a new RGBA/8 document doesn’t then switch to the DavidMac palette I have saved as the RGBA/8 default - I have to select it again from the dropdown.

Now to my naive mind a default RGBA/8 Application Palette is the one that opens automatically by default for any RGBA/8 image, be it an existing image or a new blank image, but this isn’t happening.

BTW, although I am posting here because the problem exists in the latest 118 beta release, this is not new to just the beta - it has always behaved thus from the very first AP.

So am I missing something obvious here (which I often do) or is this a very longstanding bug?

55 minutes ago, DavidMac said:

am I missing something obvious here (which I often do) or is this a very longstanding bug?

I don't know if I would call this a bug... Actually I will call it a bug. Regardless, I would call it a bad choice for not allowing us to choose which palette we have for new documents.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.