You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot batch save from raw to jpeg

I have latest mac osx system on a 2017 iMac with latest affinity photo.  I have pictures from my Nikon d500 camera which in raw format are "nef" files.  I started the batch processing to save them as jpeg and after my (about 8 pictures) were loaded, the "ok" button was inactive.  I didn't need to make any other changes to the batch but to save as a jpeg.

Does Affinity need to be updated?  What's the latest version suppose to be?

• Staff

Hi TMX Photo,

Welcome to the forums :)

When batch processing, did you have 'Parallel Processing' ticked at the bottom of the dialog? We're aware of a current bug in Affinity Photo for Mojave users only that causes batch processing to freeze when Parallel Processing is set to on. If you try the batch process again and ensure this option is switched off, it should work correctly for you.

56 minutes ago, TMX Photo said:

Does Affinity need to be updated?  What's the latest version suppose to be?

The latest versions of our apps can be found at the below link -

I suspect you are running the latest version, but this version is known to be bugged as I've explained above. We have since fixed this issue, however the fix is only available in our 1.7 beta currently. You are welcome to download and install the beta alongside your retail version from the following link if you wish!

I hope this helps :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I can't even get the batch process to start.  The ok button is grayed out.  I have a windows version and it works fine there, just not in my imac.  I did uncheck the parallel processing but the "ok" button is still inactive.  I'm using Mojave 10.14.4 and Affinity 1.6.11.

• Staff

Could you please provide a screenshot of your batch processing screen?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 10 months later...
9 minutes ago, heatherw said:

when I saved in a different location

Looks from your original screen shot that you were trying to save back to an SD card or similar ("Volumes/NO NAME..."). Maybe the card was locked? Or maybe the batch processor doesn't save to external storage media?

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• Staff

Hi heatherw :)

The location you're saving to certainly does have an unusual name - but you should be able to batch process to/from a memory card (not that we'd directly recommend this).

In your screenshot there is an 'Authorise...' to the right of the save location options, you'll need to select this option when you're saving over your files on your memory card. Do note this option will overwrite your original files, so make sure this is a process you're happy with.

Please note -

Many thanks!