Hello.
I noticed this problem with Affinity Photo desktop, which means that even with a few layers on certain operations (or even just the use of the brush), CPU usage goes up a lot (up to 100%) and the software becomes very slow and crashes even sometimes.
I also noticed from the management that the GPU does not seem to be used much, although it is correctly set in the settings.
I have already tried to reinstall the software and also to completely format the PC. Below is a list of computer specifications:

-Windows 10
-i7 6700K 4.00 GHz
-16 GB DDR4 RAM
-NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB

I usually work on files up to 5000x5000 pixels at 300 dpi and I do photomanipulation work. In my recent work on AP it seems like I couldn't use too many layers and this limited my work a lot. Previously I worked on Photoshop so I know the problem should not be with my hardware.
Thank you :-)

On 4/16/2019 at 6:02 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Hi, we've (hopefully) fixed this problem for 1.7. 

With regards to GPU usage, currently we only use the GPU for displaying the document to the screen, so this is why you won't see much GPU usage.

Thank you :-) I Will try to use the beta of the 1.7

So there is no help from the GPU except for that? Neither in any filters or operations?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Not yet... this may come in the future.

Understood ^^

Thank you again for your help :-)

Edited by maomaosshots