You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.293

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Mac OS 10.9 or above

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher build 293 is now available as a manual download from the link above. To be notified when there is a new beta please press follow on this announcment thread

Build 293 fixes a tool regression found in Build 292 logged as 'Crash on Grouping' and 'Crash using the Colour Picker Tool'. It is built from the same code as Windows Build 293 and ensures that everyone across Mac and Windows can use the same 'latest version' which helps us internally.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread. 

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

• Fixed 'Crash on Grouping' / 'Crash using the Colour Picker Tool'
  • Fixed highlight index marks in the index panel when you move the caret next to them 
  • Fixed drag below master in layers view 
  • Fixed double clicking index mark places the caret rather than selecting 
  • Fixed crash during save of large document 

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 292

Up and running. Thank you Adam!

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

@AdamW thank you for this release and i'm just exited for the next coming version you said your team is cooking.
My side the install was fluid no issue, only faced few drop with the download but not that much.
The link to your S3 servers works very well for me so no complain.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Hi!

Just downloaded this version, which I'm sure is choc-a-bloc of improvements. However, upon exporting a pdf of a publication I'm working on, I immediately noticed that the left and right side (or one of them) of all spreads are displaced – while everything's looking perfectly alright in Affinity Publisher itself. Also, in some of the spreads a white area appears near the spine (this, too, only in the exported pdf).

I really really hope a fix is imminent. Apart from that, looking forward to see what improvements you've come up with.

Cheers,

Jarle Petterson
Norway

P.S. I'm sorry, but it would appear that this only happens when I include the bleed, which explains everything (I wasn't aware that the bleed box is checked by default after downloading this most recent version). No problems then. Again, I'm sorry.