Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've just upgraded to 1.7.0.283 and finding it a lot more useful.

Is there an option to show hidden characters like word spaces and paragraph ends in text?

Also is it possible to have no indent on first paragraph then a set amount (6mm) of indent on remaining paragraphs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Menu "Text" "Show Special Characters".

2) Normally I would do this with paragraph styles chaining them, but this works only as long you are typing text (which is seldom the case). On already copied text this has no effect, but maybe I am doing something wrong? If this is not possible, maybe a suggestion for a future version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, almac01 said:

Also is it possible to have no indent on first paragraph then a set amount (6mm) of indent on remaining paragraphs?

Might be nice to have some automation in styles (I formerly mentioned successive styles and if-then statement autostyles), but generally this is always done with separate styles like body-1 and body-all :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 4:10 AM, almac01 said:

Also is it possible to have no indent on first paragraph then a set amount (6mm) of indent on remaining paragraphs?

Set it to indent all lines by 6mm then set the first line to indent -6mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fde101 said:

Set it to indent all lines by 6mm then set the first line to indent -6mm.

No, that's a hanging indent. The OP wanted the first paragraph (not line) not to be indented at all, and subsequent paragraphs to be indented normally.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

No, that's a hanging indent. The OP wanted the first paragraph (not line) not to be indented at all, and subsequent paragraphs to be indented normally.

Oops, misread that one little thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CatLady said:

I'm voting for "Show hidden characters" too!

 

Isn't this what you're looking for (be sure you are not in Preview mode):

1626013735_ScreenShot2019-05-21at2_30_01PM.thumb.png.0c47c1612977e3280f8772e83d626eae.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 2:31 PM, garrettm30 said:

Isn't this what you're looking for (be sure you are not in Preview mode):

1626013735_ScreenShot2019-05-21at2_30_01PM.thumb.png.0c47c1612977e3280f8772e83d626eae.png

 


​Sharon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×