I couldn't stand the downgrade to Mojave one more day and went back to High Sierra.

Most of the apps I use aren't personalized or are synced through the Documents folder and Syncthing/Nextcloud, it completely escaped my mind to look for stuff to back up on the Library folder. I have 10day-old Time Machine backups on a server recent enough to recover my swatches, which is the only thing I need.

Since I can't restore them on an older system anyway, I snooped around and found all the file system there, I just have to pick the right file. I found nothing under the Application Support Library but I did find a file under the Preferences Library for my old user which has a pointer to the iCloud local storage for the user. I went for the latest and it has nothing maybe because there weren't modifications to backup, I think, without the Time Machine UI I have to do this:

8320514_ScreenShot2019-04-15at10_26_08PM.thumb.png.6a69dee8b35527b500f37e915e4c0997.png

Those are eight levels down a backup! Am I at least on the right place? Could you confirm? If I'm not, could you point me to the right folder?

Thanks!

I am not completely sure what you have stored in iCloud local storage, but this post by @Leigh should tell you all you need to know about where to find your per user Affinity settings & the file with your swatches in it (named "fills.propcol").

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1