You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[By Design] Blend Mode Bug in Live Filters?

I've played with the Live Filter > Distort > Perspective command feature in Photo and am experiencing a strange behavior:

If I use the Perspective Live Filter on an art layer and change the Blend Mode from Normal to any other blend mode, I see the distorted image superimposed over it's source image. (See attached video.)

My expectation would be that I could change the Blend Mode of the distorted image without the superimposed source image appearing in the composite.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

9 hours ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

Follow up:

If one leaves the Blend Mode within the Live Filter set to Normal, but then change the Blend Mode of the art Layer, one gets the expected results.

Okay.

So then, how are we to understand the function of the Blend Mode setting within the Live Filter?

I can confirm this behavior / Beta 118

And look what happen when "Preserve Alpha" is enabled.

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.