You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Skewed Vector objects redraw bug Designer 1.7.0.9

With the Stroke width set high enough (16 points in this case) and the object Skewed I get an obvious redraw graphics glitch. But only with Round Cap or Butt Cap not with Square Cap.
Further to this is the odd fact that there is no problem with any end cap used so long as Align Outside is used, this however causes a different glitch.
Rotation has no problems just Skew.
bug 02.afdesign

See what happens with the different end cap choices and inside outside centre alignment.

1087889120_ScreenShot2019-04-15at10_02_24AM.thumb.png.7c33cd39d29d8c08b9ff16c3f9b0fc97.pngbug 02.afdesign

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi Old Bruce,

Did you attach the wrong screenshot? Are you referring to the artefacts that are left when you keep moving the shear back and forwards?

The fact that the artifacts are there is one thing but they are gone when the Square Cap is chosen. The screen shot is to show what my performance prefs are set to.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.