You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

@MCFC_4Heatons, what exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you have an image or a selection that you are trying to convert to an arch? Do you want it to be part of a circle or part of a parabola?

It could well be that you could do this using Equations: Filters > Distort > Equations. (Some would say that this is my answer to any such problem.)  If you could upload an image that you wish to convert, then I or someone else is more likely to be able to help.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

On 4/22/2019 at 9:58 PM, John Rostron said:

@MCFC_4Heatons, what exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you have an image or a selection that you are trying to convert to an arch? Do you want it to be part of a circle or part of a parabola?

It could well be that you could do this using Equations: Filters > Distort > Equations. (Some would say that this is my answer to any such problem.)  If you could upload an image that you wish to convert, then I or someone else is more likely to be able to help.

John

Thanks, but I honestly wouldn't have a clue what to do that with Equations filter

On 4/24/2019 at 5:10 PM, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Thanks, but I honestly wouldn't have a clue what to do that with Equations filter

That could well be true. However, I do have some macros which might do what you want which is why I was asking for details of what you wanted to do. Feel free to post examples of what you have and what you would like to do with them.

John 

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Here is a macro that bends a rectangle into a part-circle. The default is a quadrant (Quarter circle). Reducing the parameter extends the output further round the circle.

Here is a rectangular image of some bricks:

Before.thumb.jpg.93ce087302176f0ee17ff4693c776d42.jpg

And here is that image with the macro applied and the parameter set to about 0.75:

After.thumb.jpg.4624bd26ee4820d9ecdad1c099efd6d9.jpg

Note that the circle is centred at the bottom centre of the original image.

Here is the macro that performs the trick:

PolarQuadrant.afmacro

I would suggest that if you want to use this, then you first isolate the part that you want to be arched and position it so that there is white space below it such that the centre of the arc is the bottom centre of the image.

John