Vasqes

Could someone please explain this to me

Its so frustrating.

Could someon,e please explain to me this idiotic colour choosing. It is on both Windows and Mac and also iPad. WHAT IS THE LOGIC behind that? I'm choosing colour BEFORE pen tool and then the colour is changed after 2 or one clicks or tap? Sorry, but it is so frustrating, annoying and stupid. Could you PLEASE fix that? Why do I need to check USE FILL if colour is there its quite obvious that IF COLOUR IS THERE I want to use FILL right? Its the only software that I know that has so broken logic. 

idiotic.gif.fee980037d36b5746e1eeeef5b526653.gif

Shouldn't you be setting the stroke, @Vasqes? Vector lines don't have a fill, as far as I know.

Edit: No, that was silly. You're trying to set the fill of the shape you're building. Sorry.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

@walt.farrell
I guess @Vasqes wants the fill to remain when one creates a new vector shape.
That's why we have the use fill selection but @Vasqes thinks it should remain when you first set a fill in the fill field only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Right, @haakoo. I edited my post as you were replying, I think.

From what I can see, you can't set the fill until you have 3 nodes defined, because when you have 0, 1, or 2 nodes defined there is no fill (as I first said). It's only when you have 3 nodes defined that a fill is possible.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It's only when you have 3 nodes defined that a fill is possible.

A fill is possible when you have two nodes defined, but only when they’re joined by a curved line segment.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, MickRose said:

If you click Use Fill image.png.d724b20121f2f5132bcdd179678be53c.png you can have a fill for open curves

Yes, I realized that. But until you have 3 points (or 2 points and a curved line joining them, as @Alfred mentioned), you don't have an open curve. You simply have a line.

-- Walt

Thanks for your reply guys I know that Use fill is there. I was pointing at some design flaws. For the new users its a nightmare. as such a thing like that checker, the box is not easy to notice. I'm just trying to help serif to improve user experience to be last frustrating and mysterious. My next topic will be how to select a brush as:) this is a mystery. IMO The designer who designed the UI wasn't aware of many things. Or maybe it wasn't a UX designer at all - If not Serif please hire one - eggheads aren't the best UX designers as they are too introverted :)

TA @walt.farrell@Alfred

@MickRose